Face of hope

Face of hope
Courtesy: TIffany Kay Photography

Saturday, December 21, 2013

If At First You Don't Succeed..... We Have a Sitter!! :)

Brian had been away on business for a while... I had many days in a row of 4:45am wake ups so I could make sure and get everything in order for the day - 4 lunches made, 4 bags ready, homework signed..etc.  Not to mention the regular everyday stuff I had to accomplish along with teaching my music students..etc.  I ... was.... tired.  This was hard work and I was just ready for everything to stop.. just for a second.. so I could rest.

One day last week, as I mentioned before, Meagan just sat up. Out of nowhere... 2 1/2 years old and she pushed herself past that halfway point she always got stuck in and succeeded in getting into a sitting position.  She has tried this again and again since that day.  Yesterday I noticed Meagan practicing this as I was folding some laundry - the up, the down, the in between, the getting stuck and the falling to the side.......  When she was finally finished she was visibly out of breath and literally passed out asleep.  I thought about my tiring two weeks and realized.... ya know... my two weeks of 3 hours of sleep weren't that bad. 





Here she was just trying to do what all of us don't even think about and take for granted. This was truly hard work.  This was truly tiring. Every time she fell she didn't stop. She didn't take it as a defeat. She kept on going.



The whole time she kept a smile of determination on her face. I hope the next time I'm run down and tired and just feel like giving up I remember last night. Her up and down, up and down, and the way she persevered even after failing multiple times. After all, obstacles are not stop signs...only guidelines for greater effort

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Meagan! So happy your hard work has reaped its reward!

    ReplyDelete