Face of hope

Face of hope
Courtesy: TIffany Kay Photography

Thursday, July 21, 2011

28 week OB check

I had my regular OB check up today.  It was a lovely day of glucose testing, blood drawing, and Rhogam shots. Note the sarcasm.

I drank the lovely sugary drink this morning - luckily our practice lets us take it home so I can get it nice and cold.  The drink itself really isn't that bad ... it's more the sugar high it puts you on with NO food in your stomach that is uncomfortable.

I saw my doctor after the blood draw.  Routine stuff - belly measurement (28 weeks), heartbeat check for Meagan (140s), and just talking in general more about Meagan's condition and plans for delivery.  My doctor was very supportive and listened.  Today was just one of those appointments I needed to talk more.  Normally I have it all "together" and I'm in and out..but today I just needed to chat, and she was patient with that. 

Finally before I left, the nurse came back in and gave me my Rhogam shot.  I hate that thing -the shot itself isn't bad at all..but the medicine burns. Ugh. It is not comfortable! 


Now I go back in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment