Face of hope

Face of hope
Courtesy: TIffany Kay Photography

Friday, January 31, 2014

Outside the Box

One of the most popular questions I get from others is "How often everyday do you work with Meagan?"  Truthfully, we don't work with her everyday.  It's very important for her to reach her potential that we do push her of course.  But I also just want her to be a kid. In whatever way that is.  So there are also days, we just let her play however she wants to - or just let her hang out with the girls and "play"... which I think is equally as important for her development as her PT/OT/Speech..etc.



The times she plays with the girls are when I really love seeing Meagan blossom.  I see her being silly, watching her sisters with intrigue as they talk or play, and even gaining her own "attitude" as she tries to "fit in" and make her mark among her siblings.  I captured a few videos and pictures this last week of the girls playing with Meagan. She has learned so much from them.  Nothing from a therapy book. Nothing from her goal chart from her coordinator.  But in my eyes, things that are far more special to her than her typical therapies.  While those are very important, I love how her sisters push her to think outside the box. Which is where Meagan likes to be. :)


The girls showing Meagan the piano 



Maura being silly and teaching Meagan about her dolls 


Reilly and Meagan taking in some old school Country Music Videos


Teaching Meagan body parts....in their own way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment