Face of hope

Face of hope
Courtesy: TIffany Kay Photography

Friday, June 15, 2012

Splish Splash!!!

Today we went to the pool with some friends.  When we got home, the big girls went into the shower and I gave Meggy a bath.  As I was sitting there cleaning her off, I had a total "I'm the mom of 5 kids" moment.  Meagan is almost 9 months old, and I'm not even sure if I have a bath picture of her!
 
At first it was quite hard to bathe Meagan because she cannot hold her body up yet - so think of trying to bathe your newborn but several inches longer, and several pounds heavier! She loved the water, but I couldn't figure out how to prop her up.  Then another Hydro mom suggested rolling a towel behind her head.  I dont' know why I didn't think of that ... we do that ALL the time with Meagan outside of the bath... in her stroller, bouncy, etc..etc.. to help stabilize her neck.  So of course it should have been obvious to do so in her bath! Ever since I've done that, it's so much easier to bathe her.  She LOVES the bath.  She doesn't kick and play in it just yet... but she just sits there and smiles, smiles, and smiles! She really seems to love the feel of the water and likes it when I pour the cup of water and let it run over her back, arms, and legs.  She doesn't even mind getting her hair wet! 

With my other kids, I have pictures of them in the bath as a newborn, at 2 months, at 6 months.etc..etc.. I felt so bad I hadn't taken that many bath pictures of Meggy! I think with her being in the NICU for the first month, things like that slipped my mind...she has plenty of pictures... but sometimes, in the most basic little baby moments, I forget to snap a picture!  Oops.. sorry Meagan!  So today, I grabbed my camera and took some fun pictures of Meagan enjoying her bath time! She is a ham!



Before shot! Crazy curly hair!





All wet!



Loving her bath!




Some help from big sister Kaitlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment