Yesterday was huge because she came OFF the oxygen!! She still kept the canulas on all day in case she had a lapse etc.. but she did great. From the minute they turned the O2 off, she said "See ya oxygen! I can breathe ALL on my own!" :)
The speech therapist wanted to come work with us to try Meagan on a bottle. She sucked a little, but, basically had ZERO interest. LOL. Which I find funny because she does take a Paci like nobody's business. She will suck on her Paci like it's her job - so - with time, we're hopfuly she'll get the bottle feeding. The Therapist said we'd try again tomorrow - if no improvement, they'll call the LC in and have her help me get Meagan to the breast. The LC told us earlier in the week it's really a toss up what babies do - especially Hydro babies. She said she's seen both - babies who prefer a bottle, and those who prefer the breast -- and any sort of combo of the two ... so she said we'd just work to find whatever Meagan takes to easiest. I told her that was FINE because our number one goal is getting her to eat and come home. If she ends up bottle feeding, then I can just work with her at home. Being my 5th kid, I'm not too stressed over it. I just want her to get my milk somehow - and I'm fine if I need to work with her at home a little bit.
Her head circumference did go back up today - to 45cm. Quite honestly, I was VERY glad to see that. Just as you don't want it too big, you also don't want it to shrink too much - she's already lost 6cm off her head, so this is a good 'plateau' point I think.
One thing that threw us for a curveball today was her genetic testing results. We had her blood drawn after birth for the genetic testing because we had declined the earlier Amnio due to miscarriage risk. Almost everything came back fine except a few of her markers were elevated. Brian and I had JUST left to get lunch when my phone rang from the NICU - the doctor explained the situation and told us Infectious Disease needs to be contacted. By the time we got back upstairs, there were 2 infections disease doctors at Meagan's bed -- we were told we'd have to gown and glove to hold her until they got more specific results back tomorrow. Upon further investigation, though, the infectious disease doctor concluded that holding her was just fine - they took some urine to run it for further clarity.. and if that also ran high they would re-draw some blood for comparison. So ya know - can't go through one day with out something happening :)